Inspiring a “Lifelong Jewish Journey” through a passionate commitment to Jewish life, learning, community and spiritual growth.
Temple Emanuel’s Mission Statement.
Founded one hundred years ago, Temple Emanuel of Andover is an inclusive and vibrant Reform community that is committed to serving the needs of our congregants and local community. We offer A Lifelong Jewish Journey for people of all ages through a range of services and programs that celebrate Jewish life, learning, community and spiritual growth. Our dynamic Religious and Nursery Schools, Brotherhood, Sisterhood, Adult Education Programs, and Musical Groups offer diverse opportunities for community engagement.
Building on our congregation’s 100-year legacy, we aim to remain a vibrant hub of Jewish life in the Merrimack Valley by providing new opportunities for our congregants to connect with Judaism and deepen their sense of community.
• We are an accepting and welcoming congregation where all are embraced, including the participation of interfaith couples and families, and people of all abilities, backgrounds, race and sexual orientation.
• We welcome those who wish to deepen their Jewish identity through worship, educational and cultural programs.
• We promote the spiritual fulfillment and well-being of our congregants.
• We serve as a powerful voice for the values of our faith.
• We support our community’s connection to Israel.
• We are committed to providing our children with an experiential religious education to help them learn about Judaism and foster their Jewish identity.
• We offer a variety of opportunities for study and reflection that appeal to people during different times in their lives.
• We embrace Tikkun Olam, repairing our world, and participate in many social action programs—here, across the U.S. and abroad.
• We honor Jewish traditions while integrating a modern approach to Judaism that meets the needs of contemporary life and our congregation.
• We believe that music is powerful; it plays an integral role in our services to deepen the experience, encourage participation and engage congregants.
Feel free to stop by the Temple or contact our office at 978.470.1356. Our clergy and staff are always happy to answer your questions. We look forward to speaking and meeting with you personally.